Children and Youth Project
In January 2017 our new Children and Families Worker, Sherrin Neenan began working at Copplestone Methodist Church. Sherrin has many years experience working with young families and children in London and she is excited to be joining Copplestone Methodist Church. She has a husband Carl and a son Noah and has been a Christian for many years.
A management committee chaired by our minister and made up of church members who have a passion for this work will support Sherrin and Graham.
The project aims to:
- take appropriate opportunities to demonstrate God’s love through action
- provide support, care and guidance for children, young people and their families
- establish contact and dialogue along with a range of activities for children, young people and families for whom there are few resources and limited places to meet together in this rural location
- provide leadership for the work that takes place for children, young people and their families
- support and supervise volunteers assisting with children, young people and their families
The demographics of the village have changed through the construction of many starter homes and there are many children and young people within the village.
We are working with the primary school, Parish Council and local Police to address the needs of the children and young people of Copplestone as well as their families. We want each person to feel valued and identify with and have a desire to help maintain a safe and welcoming community for all.